Your Trusted Cardiologist In NYC

Current Articles | RSS Feed   RSS Feed

Find a Doctor to Treat a Coronary Artery

Most primary care doctors refer patients with coronary heart disease (CAD) problems to professional cardiologists for further evaluation and treatment. An early diagnosis from an internist or general practitioner will come in handy in determining whether a patient requires the services of a doctor trained to handle CADs.


A qualified cardiologist knows the right diagnostic tests to carry out before recommending the perfect treatment procedures suitable for your specific heart problem. A cardiothoracic surgeon specializes in operating on patients who require open-heart surgery while a cardiovascular radiologist is trained in performing cauterization and balloon angioplasty, among other less invasive surgical procedures.

Booking an Appointment

Prepare lists with the following details about your health status when visiting the cardiologist for the appointment:

  • Your symptoms and how long you have experienced the CAD symptoms
  • All the medications or supplements that you have been using in the recent past
  • All major and minor medical conditions that you’re dealing with currently

There are certain questions that you should ask your cardiologist so as to settle for the best practitioner in your area. Create a list of questions to ask your doctor about the CAD such as:

  • What is my exact problem and what is causing it?
  • Which is the right medication for me?
  • What are the alternatives?
  • Do I need specialized emergency care?
  • What can expect in the future?
  • Do I need any dietary or lifestyle changes?
  • Will I need surgery?
  • Will my condition improve or get better?

You should also be ready to answer a few questions from the coronary artery doctor. An established cardiologist will ask you a number of questions that may include:

  • What symptoms do you experience?
  • How long have you felt the symptoms?
  • Have any of the symptoms worsened over time?
  • Do you feel chest pains?
  • Do you experience difficult breathing?
  • Is there a history of heart diseases in your family?
  • What medications or supplements do you use currently?
  • Do you smoke?
  • Do you exercise and how often?
  • Do you drink?
  • Describe your typical diet?
  • Have you ever undergone a radiation therapy?

Top Doctor to Treat a Coronary Artery

Dr. Seldon, a Heart Doctor and Cardiologist in New York City, offers same day appointments and all testing is done on site.  Call us at (212) 367-8000.



Currently, there are no comments. Be the first to post one!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

All Posts