Your Trusted Cardiologist In NYC

Current Articles | RSS Feed   RSS Feed

Cardiac and Heart Care From The The Top Cardiologist in NYC

Cardiac and Heart Care From The The Top Cardiologist in NYC

Seeing a cardiologist NYC will likely be more expensive than a regular doctor’s visit. Not only are the tests more expensive, they could be more invasive as well. The best way to prepare yourself for that reality is to talk to your insurance company before your appointment with a heart specialist.  nyc-heart-doctor

The Truth According to Policy

Your insurance company can tell you what procedures are covered and how much the coverage amounts to. In most cases, insurance covers at least 80% of the cost of care. The other 20% is covered by the patient or by a supplemental insurance provider. Be sure to ask about any deductible that has to be met before your insurance kicks in.

Stay in communication with your primary care physician. They can provide additional information that will help you research your condition. Keep in mind; the diagnosis has not been confirmed, but your regular doctor can tell you the suspected possibilities.

The main assumption patients, and people in general, make about a cardiologist NYC is that they’re all the same. Meaning; every specialist performs the same functions in order to treat various heart conditions. This is untrue, but the misinformation does stem from fact.

Getting the Facts

Every heart doctor has training and education in both diagnostic and interventional cardiology. What they do with that training and education dictates the role they fill as a doctor.

The difference between the two types of cardiology is:

  1. One doctor performs heart surgery and spends time on duty in the hospital.
  2. One doctor works in the clinic or office diagnosing heart problems and designing treatment protocols for patients.

If you have a heart problem and you don’t know what the cause of the problem is, you’d most likely be evaluated by a clinically-based cardiologist NYC first. Depending on the results of the visit, which includes diagnostic tests, you will either proceed with the treatment protocol in place or be referred to the interventional cardiologist for more invasive, even surgical, treatment.

Don’t make the mistake of thinking that any doctor can do these things. A cardiologist NYC is specially trained to deal with heart-related issues. Other doctors can focus on the basics, but that doesn’t safeguard your heart health; consultations available per scheduling.

Dr. Seldon, a Heart Doctor and Cardiologist in New York City, offers same day appointments and all testing is done on site.  Call us at (212) 367-8000.



Currently, there are no comments. Be the first to post one!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

All Posts